Random thoughts -
1) We have to drink mineral water out here. Something about the local water being infested with things that eat away your inside. Anyways, restraunts charge you about 50Rs for one bottle. OR, you could stop by the supermarket on the way. On one side of the road you could get 1L of 'Thista Ta' for 10Rs or 1L or 'Thrist-Pi' for 15Rs. OR, across the street you could get 'Everest' water for 13Rs. 50Rs or 13Rs. The extra 2 seconds in the supermarket never hurt and I can't believe I haven't caught on until now.
2) Taxi. So we get a taxi from Patan to Thamel (sometimes). We pay 150Rs, yet the driver always wants 200Rs - so we walk away and then they agree. WELLLL, the other day we got in a metered taxi, but still told him we would give him 150Rs. He left his meter on and it only costs 115Rs to get there! Mind you, it was a quicker drive than normal, but I don't know if it was on minutes or miles. Either way, I can't complain about 150Rs - $1.94.
3) Booking Flights. So I am going to Lukla this weekend. The famous place where treekers start their ascent to Everest. My friend Sam and I along with her new Canadian roommate are going to fly there on Saturday morning. We got to book our flights yesterday and the guy calls and supposedly booked us tickets. I don't understand Nepali so what ever he was saying on the phone I had to trust. THEN we don't get any kind of flight intinerary, all verbal so I wrote it all down. We don't have a hotel booked, but are rather going to land in Lukla in the morning, hike all day to a random tea house in the Himalayas, then walk back the next day, spend the night, and fly home on Monday. He thinks we are crazy for not going longer, but we don't have the time! Its a little risky, but this month has been alllll about living on the edge.
4). Nathalie - ask and you shall receive ...
Rose are red
Violets are blue
There isn't any other English flatmate I'd rather have
Other than you.
From Phase 10 to rafting
Dal Bhat galore
Rice is one thing I won't be missing
Instead I'll be missing you more.
You have made me laugh
You have made me cry
If only I could have seen Mechga's face
I probably would have died.
You never jumped me
You owe me one
I suppose Ill have to come to England
I'm glad someone isn't having a son.
Although your wish towards me may never come true
Because I have met you, I will never be blue.
Here's to the nights we spent in laughter
And the nights we kept Maggie up with all of our chatter
I miss you forever....never forget that matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment